Monday 18 April 2016

Secret Key Snail Repairing Sun Cream Review

  Since it is spring and summer is (hopefully?) coming soon it seems a good time to review my new sun cream I purchased which was a part of my haul. I paid $4.91 USD for this on Beautynet Korea. This sun cream contains 50g of product and has SPF50+/PA+++. This Sun Cream  is a part of Secret Key's Snail Repairing line and it contains snail secretion filtrate. Snail mucus is very moisturizing and is good for sensitive skin. It is a very popular ingredient in lots of Korean skin care. This product claims to:

 1. Have a high protection from UV rays
 2. Soothe sensitive and irritated skin.
 3. Be lightweight.
 4. Give a "tone up" effect. (I believe this means even out your skin tone a bit as the website appeared to say)


  For reference I have sensitive, combination skin that is a little more on the oily side for most of the year but that is drier in the winter. This is probably due to how harsh the winters are where I live.
I have been using this for a few days and I have experienced no irritation which is a huge plus for me because a lot of products immediately burn my skin or break me out. This sun cream has done neither of these things. This sun cream also leaves no visible white cast which is great because it has such a high SPF rating.
  Does this product do what it claims? I think that it definitely has a high SPF and currently my skin is a little irritated and has some dry patches from an acne treatment I have been using at night and this sun cream does not irritate it or make it worse. In fact it feels very soothing! I really do like it. I apply a small amount of this on each cheek, my chin, forehead, nose and on my neck and then I blend it in. It definitely does feel lightweight. It is not super thin but it blends out well and it sits well underneath of my makeup. This product does not seem to really control oil but it also does not make me oilier which is fine by me. However, it is quite moisturizing so I recommend letting it absorb well before applying your makeup and if you have oilier skin you might want to use a setting powder overtop.
   I am not so sure about the tone up effect, in my opinion it does not significantly change the appearance of my skin. My skin does look more moisturized and feels softer after I use it though. Overall I would recommend this for people who would like a reasonably priced sunscreen and are interested in snail based products.

Unblended
Blended out (Covers the entire back of my hand)
Rating: 4/5

  I would have given it a 5/5 if it had a stronger tone up effect. I also would have liked more oil control but it is unfair to judge it on that since they didn't claim it had it! This review was unsponsored and I purchased the product with my own money. If you would like to try it for your self you can find it here. Let me know what you think! :)


Edit May 31st 2016* I have been asked to post the ingredients list for this product. Since the list was all in Korean I found it on CosDNA. Note that Propylparaben has a relatively high rating but it is basically at the bottom of the list so there will not be a large amount of it. I have been using this for over a month now and I have experienced no irritation or breakouts. Hope this is helpful!


    

No comments:

Post a Comment